Trick or Treaters Not Even Safe from Drugs!

by Mike Miller April 29, 2014

It is one of the greatest worries for parents when their kids go trick or treating on Halloween. When I was a kid there were rumors of people hiding razor blades in caramel apples and we were warned against eating anything homemade.

Just this past Fall a piece of Halloween candy that may have sickened a Southern California toddler, tested positive in preliminary tests for methamphetamine, in the second case of a child being sickened by meth possibly because of their trick-or-treat take-home goodies. As reported in www.nbclosangeles.com.

The type of candy that was tainted - Smarties, and it was bad enough to land a 2-year-old boy in the hospital. Of course now that it is in the hands of federal agencies, it could take a long time before anything is proven. They are estimating months to complete testing.

The question is not whether the boy ingested methamphetamine, but whether the illicit drug made its way into his system through Smarties candy he received while trick-of-treating on Halloween.

In another case of possibly tainted treats, a 6-year-old boy in Huntington Beach was hospitalized after eating Halloween candy and he, too, tested positive for methamphetamine.

Detectives have confiscated all of the boy's trick-or-treating take-home and are testing to see if any of the sweets were laced with meth.

The possibility that someone in their neighborhood may have handed out drug-laced candy to trick-or-treaters was enough for some families to throw away all the goodies their young ones collected on Halloween.

This is scary stuff, right? Have you experienced anything regarding tainted Halloween candy? If so, please chime in on the onlinedrugclass.com blog.

Add comment

  Country flag

biuquote
  • Comment
  • Preview
Loading